Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Did you miss me?

I have not posted in over a month! I did not blog at all in June! Sew, housekeeping time! I hope I can keep your interest. I have to say though, I look at one hand and say "I really need to do a blog post." Then I look at the other hand and realize it's not sewing anything, so I go for the latter :)

 Let's do this with pictures.

First things first. Melinda C. won the thread from Above and Beyond Creative Sewing in the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day (back in May!!!). She already has the 11,000 yards of thread :)

Here we go:


"Lana in Pink" is finished. My Aunt has it now and she loves it!


Go here to see the photo album.




"Green & Hexy" is finished. Go here to see the entire album. 


This is what I have been working on during my train commute. SSSSSuper Hexy!!!


This is one block from a quilt I've been commissioned to create. I've been spending most of my time on this one lately.

The following pictures are not my finishes. They are from a show I went to:









I went to the New Jersey Quilters Guild show in Morristown (Garden State Quilters' Guild). These are all pictures from the show. The last one is very Hexy. It was my viewer's choice vote. English paper pieced and quilted by hand!!! The fabrics were fussy cut to make cool designs! And, it was her first time! She won a ribbon! Love the guild show too, because these people quilt my style!...like an amateur who is lookin professional!!! :)

Lastly, I was on an Alaskan cruise while I was out. Here you go:

 On the boat...

On a train on the side of a mountain in Skagway, AK. I stopped at a quilt shop in every port!!!!

Thanks for sticking with me during my hiatus!

I will link this post to WIP Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced and Link a Finish Friday at Richard and Tanya's Quilts.

Until next time,

Mike.

Pin It!

No comments: