Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How do you sign your quilt?

I would be interested to know how or what techniques everyone uses to sign their quilts. I do not have many readers at this point since I only started the blogging recently (and I'm not sure I have any!). I have seen some people that use embroidery to write something on the back (which I do not have the capabilities). I have also heard of free motion signing of the back. I know that my sister-in-law uses a laundry marker to write something on the back. My Aunt C. likes cats so she uses several fabrics to make the backs and at least one of them has cats in it. I am a Wizard of Oz fanatic (and from Kansas) so for my first 2 quilts I used some fabric (not all) on the back that had ruby slippers on it. Has anyone tried anything else that works well and looks awesome?

And here is a picture of some curtains that I made while I was in the too scared to free motion something phase:


The material has tiny little dark green leaf patterns on it. I was going for the forest look since they were for the guest bedroom which is totally decked out to look like Dorothy Gail's bedroom.

If you are reading this, leave comments so I know someone is out there :)

Mike.


Pin It!
Post a Comment