Sunday, August 10, 2014

Rescued Quilt Top - Leaf Applique

When I was up in Maine last week I stopped at a ton of antique stores. I found an awesome quilt top that basically in a pile of blankets and old quilts at a place on Post Road. The tag on it said $395.00. I went to the owner and asked if she had any other unfinished quilts. She wanted to know what I meant. I showed her this one and she said name a price. I said $35.00, she said "sold." :)








I have no idea how old it is but if you want to venture a guess please let me know. I was thinking 1980s, but I'm totally clueless on these things. It has a few small stains that I will try to get out before I quilt it. It's about a queen size I think. The applique zig zag stitching is not very good, but I think it will be fine. There are also some penciled lines on the green. I think he/she was planning on quilting it, but never did for some reason.

Anyway, hope you are having a wonderful day.

Until next time,
Mike.


I have Google+ comments activated, so if you are having trouble commenting you can comment on my Facebook page, Twitter feed, Flickr, Instagram, or Pinterest pages! ...On any of my photos or posts!!! I love getting comments! You can also email me at amateurquilter at gmail dot com! I will always respond! Thanks for stopping by! .... Mike.

Pin It!

No comments: