Friday, October 5, 2012

Christmas in New Jersey

Well, I have time for a quick post. I've been working on two Christmas quilts lately. This week I finished the top for one of them (sans borders).


Several people have asked about the boot fabric. It's Robert Kaufman's Holly Jolly. My Aunt saw it and she knows I like cowboy stuff. She sent me two yards in the mail by surprise! :) It also comes with a natural cream background as opposed to black. I bought some of the cream fabric with the boots for the second quilt. It was only about $7.50 a yard on fabric.com. They were also out of the black last I looked.



I made the design myself using EQ5. I'm going to link up at Link a Finish Friday at Richard and Tanya Quilts.

Happy Friday everyone!

Until next time,

Mike.

Pin It!

14 comments:

Amy Gay said...

I love that boot print!!!! What a nice quilt!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, love that boot print - can you edit to tell what fabric line - would love some of that (sure others would too). Very nice quilt indeed.

Sondra Borrie said...

Very cool quilt, Mike! Love the way you used the boot fabric and the diagonal. Wonderful...Best to you in NEW JERSEY!!!!!!!!
Sondra

quiltmania said...

Adorable cowboy quilt! Good for you for designing it yourself, that is half the fun.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Love those boots, and I always like pinwheels.

Celtic Thistle said...

Nice quilt Mike! Great design.

waggonswest said...

I love that pattern Mike! Great job.

The Cool Cookie said...

Love this!

Beth said...

Mike, check out this quilt as you go tutorial:
http://sewsewart.blogspot.com/p/qayg.html
It is a perfect application for traditional quilting

MalinisQuilts said...

Lovely quilt. Love your quilt pattern. Simple and stunning!

Bev said...

Oh wow! I had no idea that you were in the Hurricane area! I'm so glad you got power back! No damage to your stuff, right?

Grateful for your power! Bev

Toye said...

Love this quilt! Glad you are safe and I can't wait to see more of your work!

Danih03 said...

Beautiful quilt! I love those Christmas cowboy boots! I want some so bad. Cowboy boots, not Christmas ones, that is;) I'm in the mist of making Christmas quilts myself. I worry I won't make my quota!

Peg said...

I love it!!! I've not come across the boot fabric but like how you've used it, beautiful.

Peg x