Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Who da BOM?

So I decided to do my first Block of the Month. I started late so I just finished my 2 blocks for January. I have to say that I am using techniques I have never used. In fact, as an amateur, I never thought I would use these techniques, but I am glad that I tried them. I had fun! I followed the January BOM from Craftsy. It was fun and easy. I did not follow all the background fabric/sashing requirements, I just used whatever I had on hand. So, it's scrappy, .... and wonky... and helplessly devoted to the scrap bin. But, I'm having fun. Picture below:


The first block is an asterisk. The second one was a wonky pound sign..... FUN!!!!


'til next time.


Mike.

Pin It!

8 comments:

Danih03 said...

YAY! you're doing this one? Me too! Nice blocks! I need to get working on Feb's blocks,but I've been busy planning the Modern Mini Challenge. I have to many ideas floating around in my head NOT to do it. I hope I'm not getting to ambitious!

Mike Pearson said...

ooooo... Modern Mini? Dare I ask? I have too many things on my plate!

Danih03 said...

ha ha... well I'm gonna tempt you... http://ellisonlane.blogspot.com/p/modern-mini-challenge.html check it out! I bought my fabric today for mine! I have to many things on my plate too, but I may just have to put them on hold. There is approx 1 month for the deadline and the prizes are pretty awesome! Plus, there will be multiple winners!

Mike Pearson said...

A quilt that's less than 36 inches? How do you keep warm?

Danih03 said...

I think its meant to be purely decorative. I'm going to hang mine in my sewing /laundry room...haha

Mike Pearson said...

So can the modern mini be anything? No rules? Because, I think I might have to finally make that quilt for Mitch (kitty) to lay on in the kitchen!!! Oh, and regarding the mini, we are not supposed to do anything for week 1 and 2? Only read blogs?

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary here.
:-)


so glad you be able to read your blog and WOW your quilts are superb!

Mike Pearson said...

:)