Monday, February 27, 2012

It's Good to Be the Queen...

So, I'm making Log Cabin blocks, then drawing a line diagonally on the back of one, sewing a seam on both sides and cutting it in half: 




It gets repetitive and boring, so I have to work on it a little at a time and intermittently work on something else :) It's from a pattern called A Simple Welcome that I saw on Easy Quilts from McCall's.  It's going to be a Queen sized quilt, so it's a big deal since it's my first one of this magnitude. There will be 42 of these blocks and a six inch border. In the end, this quilt will belong to my mother.


Later,


Mike.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is simply wonderful and a huge undertaking. I look forward to it's progress.

Mike Pearson said...

It will be the largest quilt I've ever stuffed into the throat space of my machine! I'm sure it will be a workout!