Sunday, March 11, 2012

Peace Out

I'm doing another block of the month at Quilt Story. I really like this one because there is a ton of leeway. They just tell you what kind of block to make and you do the rest. There are only 12 blocks, so I am doing 2 of each to make a larger quilt. I haven't decided yet, but I may add a sashing and border that will make it even bigger. I prefer quilts that get snuggled with rather than those that you hang on the wall. Here are the pictures for my March blocks, for which the theme was 9 patch:


The purple in the left block is from an old work shirt that was going to get thrown out. The rest are just bits and pieces I've collected here and there. I don't know why I was attracted to the peace fabric. I just had to have it and I had no project in mind. I haven't decided if I am going to keep going with it on future blocks for the BOM.

Later!

Peace out!

Mike.

4 comments:

Richard Healey said...

I keep pointing to material like that when in the store and my wife keeps laughing at me. I like them and think its wonderful. Will be fun to see what you make of them.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.blogspot.com

waggonswest said...

It is fun! ... and I like your interpretation of 9 patch with HST's.

Quiltstory said...

Love those fabrics! So cute!! This is gonna be a great quilt, I'm excited to watch the progress!

~Kelie~ said...

I absolutely L-O-V-E those fabrics!