Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesdays

In the last week I worked on 2 things. The Quilt Story Block of the Month and my Mom's quilt.

This is the Block of the Month. I blogged about it on Sunday. 

This is my Mom's quilt. I blogged about it here and here.

I do not have a picture yet, but I finally got all 42 blocks sewn together. I am now working on the border. It's a huge quilt for me and a lot to handle. Also, some of the seams are very bulky where the points come together. I decided they needed steaming. (I blogged about this.)

I am linking up at Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesdays.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Anyway, until next time.

Mike.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Danih03 said...

how big is it?

Mike Pearson said...

98 x 86 !!!!!

Mariella said...

Hi Mike,

I found you thru Leah Day's FMQ Challenge. Your question was right up my alley. I'm so glad you asked. It's my same problem. Your blog is very lovely. Love the Block of the Month blocks! Can't wait to see your mom's quilt photo with it all together. It really makes a great affect with the triangles of different colors. Does your mom quilt?

Mike Pearson said...

My mom does not quilt. So, this will be a lovely gift for her. I learned from my Aunt. She says I am getting better than her these days (but I doubt that). Thanks for reading!

MalinisQuilts said...

Hi Mike,
Both your blocks and mom's quilt look great! You're doing a great job. Can't wait to see what kind of FMQ you're going to do on it.

cheers,
Malini

waggonswest said...

I really like the blocks you are doing for your mom's quilt. The surprise of having the contrasting colors in the opposite triangle really makes them special.